Eric and Kelly are great sources of information about Teslin and the Yukon. Following are a few ideas plus links to pique your interest in the history and culture, and inspire you to stop awhile to experience the area. Feel free to ask questions.
- We have books in the store on a variety of subjects related to Yukon and Alaska.
- For an up-to-date weather forecast, check the Environment Canada website.
- Find up-to-date information about Alaska Highway road conditions here.
- The website for the Village of Teslin provides a nice overview of the community.
- Learn more about the history and culture of the area with a visit to the George Johnston Museum and the Teslin Tlingit Heritage Centre.
- Pay Tim Dewhurst a visit and learn how he hand crafts saddles.
- Fishing and camping are popular in the area. If these interest you, check out Nistulin Outfitting. We sell fishing licenses in the store.
- Looking for a campground? Drop into Timberpoint Campground Services operated by Minnie and Jim Clark.
- Bell's Travel Guides have excellent free travel guides for The Alcan Highway and Alaska as well as info on
things to do on your trip to Alaska.